Today we welcome Author Julia Crane on the blog! She is here to let us know a little bit about her IFICS series.
Here is a 10 question interview:
1. What inspired the Freak of Nature series? It came about in a strange way. My daughter started to get into photoshop and I walked by while she was working on a cyborg tutorial, it stopped me in my tracks. I said, I should make a book about a cyborg. I thought about it for a few weeks and then asked her if she would try to make a book cover for me. She said, no way. I kept bugging her until she gave in and agreed to try. Not only did that brief glance at her computer start my series, but it also started my daughter's cover art design business—Eden Crane Design.
2. Did you have to do much research for the books? Yes, more so than usual. I've always been fascinated by the idea of merging technology and humans. I also had to get technical help from my husband with the action scenes. He just happens to be a retired Green Beret. So his tactical knowledge came in handy.
3. Have you planned anymore books for the series? I just released the second book in the series, Fractured Innocence. This one deals with the subject, human trafficking. There's a lot more action and suspense. I'm currently working on the third novel in the series. I'm very excited about the characters and how they are growing with each book.
4. If Freak of Nature was made into a movie, who do you imagine playing the roles of Kaitlyn and Lucas? I think Phoebe Tonkin would make the perfect Kaitlyn. I might as well stick with the cast from The Vampire Diaries, Ian Somerhalder would make a great Lucas.
5. What are your writing plans for the rest of 2014? I have so many books I want to write this year. I really wish I was able to write faster. I want to write a couple of books to continue Keegan's Chronicles and I also have an idea for a NA Paranormal Romance series.
6. Do you have any special events coming up? I'll be attending IndieGirl Con in Feb. A book fair in AZ in March and Romance Times in May.
7. What’s your favorite aspect of the writing process? I love getting ideas at random times, like when I'm out on a walk or doing the dishes.
8. What’s the best advice you can give any fellow writer? Write daily, read tons and find a good editor.
9. What’s the best advice you can give any human being? Don't waste time living in the past or the future. Life is short, so be in the moment.
10. What book are you currently reading? I'm currently reading a non-fiction book, Magick of Reiki by Christopher Penczak.
About Julia Crane:
Julia crane is the author of the Keegan’s Chronicles, IFICS. She has a bachelors degree in criminal justice. Julia has believed in magical creatures since the day her grandmother first told her an Irish tale. Growing up her mother greatly encouraged reading and using your imagination.
Julia Crane Stalker Links:
Yay! Thank you Julia. It's been so awesome to have you!!
If you'd like a chance to win these two awesome books, please enter the Weekly Winner giveaway below!