Monday, July 23, 2012

Go on! Tell them!

I had a real "feel good" moment yesterday when I bumped into a work colleague who had purchased Golden Blood for her daughter. She took the time to tell me that her daughter, who is a prolific reader (especially in YA), loved my book so much. She was raving about it and couldn't wait to tell all her friends.

As you can imagine, it TOTALLY made my day. I flew home and told my husband, I posted it on Facebook, I was elated. It got me thinking about how much time I've spent stressing about sales and marketing over the last month. With my own life being ridiculously busy, I just haven't had the time to spend on it. But you know, when you hear that one person loves your book so much, you can step back and say, "This is what it's all about." It's not a numbers game. That's not why I published my work. I published it because I wanted to give readers some really fun time out. I wanted them to enjoy my books.

So - whether I sell one more book or five million. I am still a success, because there are people out there who have really, really enjoyed my stuff.

This brings me to my main point... if you're a reader and you've read a great book that you loved. I want to encourage you to take the time to contact the author and let them know.

I have done this on several occasions and have had some fantastic responses. It's only taken ten minutes of my time and more often than not, the authors reply. It's a win-win situation.

Have you ever contacted an author personally?



2 comments:

  1. Yep, YOU!!
    But just in case you need a reminder...your books, your stories, have rocked my world, and are on my list of all time favorites <3

    ReplyDelete