Friday, January 4, 2013

Writing Goals for 2013

MELISSA'S GOALS
I am SUCH a goals person. I grew up in a family where we were encouraged to always be aiming for something and so at the beginning of each year I always set myself some new goals. It's habitual and I don't think I'll ever be free of it... not that I mind :)

I find goal setting inspiring. I may not reach them all by the end of the year, but at least I'm aiming for something.

Now being the teacher that I am, I always taught my students to write goals that were easy to remember and somewhat achievable. If you want to feel that sense of success, then you need to be realistic.

So, with those two things in mind, here are my goals for 2013....

Write and publish four books... 

Unknown (Elements Trilogy #1 - June)
Unseen (Elements Trilogy #2 - September)
Unleashed (Elements Trilogy #3 - December)

Forbidden Waters (Mica and Lexy Series #2 - release date to be decided)

Launch my new website (currently under construction) - www.melissapearlauthor.com

Read 12 books. I know that doesn't sound like many, but writing takes up most of my free time. I feel like a-book-a-month is attainable for me.

Now I am sure I will set some more minor goals along the way - improving my social media skills, improving my writing skills, learning more about marketing, etc. but as long as I have those three main goals in mind, then I will end 2013 with a big smile on my face.

BRENDA'S GOALS
For the last few years I've made myself a 'bucket list' for the year. It's worked really well and like Melissa I have always had goals for the year (or resolutions as I used to call them).

Write and publish two books...

Forbidden Waters (Mica and Lexy Series #2 - release date to be decided)

Black Rain (stand alone YA fiction, release date to be decided)

Write two short stories and enter them into competitions

Read 10 books 


What are your goals for 2013?

2 comments:

  1. Goals are important...

    My goal in 2013 is to remain productive, energetic and not be so focused on end results.

    I'm going to complete my YA book, write a book for young readers and submit to a select few competitions/paying journals. I also want to provide more creative writing classes for teens.

    I think that's enough - the main thing is to remember to enjoy every step of the process, not just hanker after publication (though that''s my ultimate aim. of course! I've decided 2013 is my year!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those goals are awesome :) I agree that you need to enjoy each step of the journey :) Good luck with 2013, I hope it is an amazing year for you :)

      Delete