Monday, March 5, 2012

Fancy A Cat Fight?

I'm reading a fantastic book at the moment - Dead Radiance by T. G. Ayer. The book is filled with so many great characters. I've fallen in love with some of them and I'm growing to dislike a couple... one in particular is Astrid. Man - she is one mean cow. I love it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I'll never have to meet her in real life, but as I was reading last night, I thought about how much fun Ayer must have had creating this character. There is something so deliciously vicious about a mean female. I don't know what it is, but girls have a special talent for nastiness.

I really want to see Bryn (the heroine of Dead Radiance) put Astrid in her place. I want to relish that triumphant moment when good wins over evil. I think that's why writing a spiteful villain can be so satisfying, because you know, eventually they are going to "get there's"... and it is going to be sweet!

Have you come across any fantastic female characters lately? You know the ones you'd like to put into a room together and see what explosions issue forth?

Personally I'd love to see a face off between the likes of Astrid and... I don't know, the White Witch from Narnia. That'd be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment