Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Forbidden Territory - first interview!

With the pending release of Forbidden Territory, we thought we'd bring in one of the main characters so you can get to know her a little bit. Meet Lexy Connell!

Hey Lexy, thanks for coming in today. Why don't you start by telling us a little bit about yourself.
Hi. Well I'm from New Zealand, a little tiny town called Te Anau. I'm super excited as this is my first interview, although you don't know me yet, you soon will once you read about my and Mica's adventures later this year.

Melissa and Brenda have written our story in a book called 'Forbidden Territory'. And they have written EVERYTHING... Mica and I fighting like cats and dogs, about both of us falling in love and racing through the bush for our lives. I can't wait for you to read it.

So how old are you and tell us more about the 'love' bit of the book:
I'm sixteen, nearly seventeen, and I've met the most amazing guy in the world (you'll read all about him too). His name is Tom and he's an exchange student from England. He's not just gorgeous but he has the most awesomely cool accent. Don't you just love different accents?

Totally. So the book is about you and your best friend Mica. What's she like?
Mica is the most awesome chick in the world. She basically is my sister but my exact opposite, we are two halves of a whole but occasionally we start World War 3. She's a band geek, but in a totally cool way and is feisty and fiery just like her burnt orange curls. We've known each other since we were eight when my family moved in next door to hers. Mica doesn't have any brothers or sisters so her parents take on exchange students every year... enter Tom!

Do you have siblings?
Eli is my older brother. He just got home from Africa a few months ago, thank goodness as I was going mad being the only kid in the house. Mum and Dad can be a tad annoying.

What can you tell us about Forbidden Territory?
Heh heh, it's an epic adventure of the weekend we decided to geo-cache in Fiordland National Park. By we I mean, Mica, me, Tom and Eli. I get my first kiss (eeeeekk) and Mica gets more than she bargained for. We also stumble across trouble in a major way, we get separated and the action doesn't stop until we end up locked up. That's all I can say without giving away the story too much. I know you'll love it.

Sounds amazing. Okay one more question. What do you want to do when you leave school?
Easy. Train to be an architect.

Thanks for your time, Lexy. If anyone has any more questions for Lexy, leave a comment and we'll chat to her again soon.

2 comments: